Chicago Fishing Forum banner

The harbor IV - 4/25

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Spincastguy 
#1 ·
Water temp 47 degrees according to Text Products for OMR Issued by LOT (weather.gov) . Big jump since my last time out last week. Clarity was okay, ripping west winds two days ago, pretty windy today too. Mostly cloudy and high 40's air temp. Rolled with the bread and butter 3/8oz football jig and swimbait. Dragging and quick hops along the bottom. That got most of the fish including the two big ones. I did throw it the most. One on a jig head and swimbait. Had a small fat brown trout, 14" or so, on a vision 110+1 that popped off at my feet as I messed with the net. Big ones went 4.81lbs and 4.28lbs, respectively. Fish off a dock on the swimbait, others came off isolated rock piles I've found from just dragging the bottom in past outings, 8'-12' of water. Brown hit lake side in deep water over large boulders, smoked the jerkbait then went airborne.

See less See more
#8 ·
I'll add "the harbor v" to this report. Got out Monday, 5/2, late afternoon until dark. Water was 46 degrees or so iirc, air temp was low 50's. Somewhat clear in the harbor depending on the side you were on. Five days or so of easterly winds, Sunday was west 15-20mph, Monday was light west to east near flat. Spotted a lot more smallies tight to the wall and suspended under docks near the wall. All were skittish. Two smallies and a largie, too lazy for pics. Jig and swimbait and 3/4oz dark sleeper got them. Almost had kyped male steelhead take a swimbait after firing him. Cast at him several times when he swam by and twitch/jigged the retrieve, maribou time. He'd turn and chase and nipped at the bait twice but no hook.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.