Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a a intex seahawk 500, 23lb trolling motor, engine mounting bracket for the summer. I called IDNR to get it registered, and they were okay. I called Cook County Forest Preserve to clear which lakes to use it in. And they said NONE. What?!? This thing is backed by NMMA and I can't take it in your 12 foot pond?!? Are you shi*tting me? So my question is since Mr. Stroger and Cook County will not let me float my inflatable in their preserves, are there any places where I can fish and take my rubber boat in Cook County, Lake, or Kane County.

Much obliged.
Al

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
i know, that sucks. any county preserve lakes do not allow it. your only bet would be private lakes/ponds. also, many of the larger lakes such as heidecke do not allow boats without a gas motor. rock and a hard place man. if you can return your boat i'd go ahead and do cause it's hard to use them inflatables around these parts. there is a boat, well actually a canoe that is portable called the tote n boat. it folds into a small bag so you can toss it in the trunk of your car. i'm about to switch to it myself. i believe i saw it in the cabela's catalog for $350 and another $40 each for seat and motor mount. something to consider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts