Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my brother out kayak fishing for his first time. Decided to hit up Lake Opeka for an early fish before work. Fishing was a little slow. Once he got over his fear of tipping in he managed to hook into a nice bass. All in all we caught two LMB 1 Crappie and this bass that is going to keep me up at night thinking of what could have been. Check out the youtube report 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtt-SuC1 ... annel_page

Yak On!!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Your makeing me want a Kayak!!! :lol: Looks like fun. great video and editing as well. I need to learn those tools on how to edit the vid.

Great job hooking up with one, seemed like it was a tough bite.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Excellent video qualities.....cool outing. That looks like alot of fun and opens alot of doors to access points you wouldn't normally have on shore.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Great video!

I'm thinking about trying to make a kayak video. :lol: A couple questions -- What video editing software are you using? I'm getting tired of Movie Maker. How'd you mount your camera?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hey Jon, I didn't know chitownyaker is you. This is Jay. You recently emailed me some nice detailed info on how to fish Lasalle. I couldn't make it 'tho because there was some nasty wind advisory that particular weekend.

Awesome video as always!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. It was definitely fun. I was reading another thread on the lake and they mentioned a jeep at the bottom. I didn't see anything on the fish finder. Urban legend? Any thoughts? :? - Fish was caught off the Senko

Jay - Actually I thought It might be you. When you emailed me you told me you were out of northbrook so i put two and two together and had thought maybe..lol - Lasalle is still doing ok...in a little bit it's really going to slow down. Try and make it out with your son soon if you get a chance.

Ron G - The camera was mounted on on a small tripod strapped in the back corner of the crate. The key was to set up the camera backwards on the mount with the adjuster bar facing you so you can move it around to get better angles. I hope you get what I'm saying. I just read what I wrote and it might sound strange. I used to use movie maker too but I went to a mac a few years ago and i just use mac's version of pc's movie maker imovie.

I did have a quick question for you too....how and where do you get your funny little movie clips you put in your videos? They crack me up.

Yak On!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.