Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about freakin' time. Fished the pond from 6:00 until 7:30 and finally landed my first bass from there. In fact, I ended up with two fish in the 14" range. They had some nice weight too for fish that long. In addition, I also caught my first bass EVER on a crankbait. Took me long enough. I have a ton of crankbaits and it took until now to finally catch a fish on one. It was one of the Koppers lures as well. The shiner lure they make is the perfect size match to some of the smaller shad that the bass are feeding on. The other fish came on a jig and craw. Weather was perfect and the sunset was nice too. All in all a VERY successful outing at the pond for me..........for once. :D

Here are the photos:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Mike, you might have to figure that into the odds of having a good "outing". 8)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You should be able to. It's just the odds of us having fun on Saturday. Some people might have some higher odds for fun because they might catch more fish. More fish equals more fun!! :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Yeah, what are the odds for Saturday? My guess is that Tony and Augy are the favorites. Augy because he has the top secret hooks, and Tony because he can fish Deep.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would have to think having Tony as my partner my odds of having fun should go up significantly. That, and Deep owes me for some lousy outings last year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.