Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PK and I got out yesterday morning for a couple of hours. We both ended up with 3 fish a piece on baby brush hogs, power worms, spinnerbaits and rattletraps (little bit of everything I guess). PK caught a nice 3-3 1/2 pounder. I also snagged the back of a carp that must have gone 25 pounds at least and got him all the way to shore when it popped off (good riddance I guess). We actually thought it was a northern at first because of the way that he was running because he was hooked in the back.

We also went over to Big Bend for about an hour or so. It looks like it would be a fantastic lake, but we didn't catch anything. Anybody ever fish over there? It has a lot of nice weeds. It's got some nice deep spots in places. What's the story with this place?

Anyway here's some pics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way...there was a guy down there who caught about a six pounder on a little white/chartreuse swimbait. He was across the lake when he caught it and PK thought he was holding a big northern. Turned out it was a bass. He had pictures on his phone. Huge head on this thing.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bassbilly81 said:
PK and I got out yesterday morning for a couple of hours. We both ended up with 3 fish a piece on baby brush hogs, power worms, spinnerbaits and rattletraps (little bit of everything I guess). PK caught a nice 3-3 1/2 pounder.
3 lbs is pretty conservative there Bassbilly. I know you're "king of the dinks" but you don't have to go and belittle the fish I catch to make yourself feel better. :wink:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pk said:
Bassbilly81 said:
PK and I got out yesterday morning for a couple of hours. We both ended up with 3 fish a piece on baby brush hogs, power worms, spinnerbaits and rattletraps (little bit of everything I guess). PK caught a nice 3-3 1/2 pounder.
3 lbs is pretty conservative there Bassbilly. I know you're "king of the dinks" but you don't have to go and belittle the fish I catch to make yourself feel better. :wink:
MAYBE 3 pounds...that holding the fish forward close to the camera trick doesn't fool anybody.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pk said:
Bassbilly81 said:
Alright we're buying a scale so you can no longer deceive the fine Windy City Fishing folks with your "optical illusions"!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.