Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit up the Rock on Sunday and Monday, fished from shore both days. Sorry for no pics, I misplaced my camera somewhere.

Sunday- fished in Rockton by the cemetary, and the grain elevator:

Overcast, a stiff NW wind, flurries. Beautiful!

7' Cabela's Tourney Trail IM7 Graphite rod, Shimano Sedona 2500 spooled with 8lb. Trilene XT, and 1/16oz jighead tipped with a FAThead.

Fished from 10am-3pm. Landed 9 walleyes, biggest was 21", most were 14-16". Also landed few small whites.

Monday- fished below the Oregon dam on the West side.

Sunny and a NW wind (not as bad as Sunday).

7' Cabela's Tourney Trail IM7 Graphite rod, Shimano Sedona 2500 spooled with 8lb. Trilene XT, and 1/16oz jighead tipped with a FAThead.

Fished from 12pm- 5pm. Landed 7 walleyes, 14" seemed to be the going rate until the last one just was over 18". Picked up a few more whites, and a couple decent drum on crawlers.

Hope everyone else is enjoying some good fishing!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This should continue through the next few months and in to February, especially in the Rockton area. Might have to move around a bit more to find the little deeper holes they'll be hiding in. And providing the river doesn't ice over to much...

And, all were released back to swim another day. My neighbor complained that I didn't keep any to give to him to eat, but oh well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.