Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was able to end the work day by noon and worked out an afternoon trip at 1:30pm with John and Noah. Launching on the river, we headed north to a few spots where we were able to get into a good bite for the first couple of hours. Walleyes were definitely active but sizes were a bit disappointing. We missed a few nicer fish as they fought us for the minnows but would simply let go when they got close to the boat. After the first couple hours, all bites stopped as if someone flipped a switch. At least we were able to boat a few before they quit.

No Whites, Crappie or Drum again. Water temps ranged from 48-50 degrees. Lots of leaves in the water playing tricks with the locator but it was a beautiful day to be out. All fish were taken in 3-6 foot of water on 1/16th weedless jigs of different colors but most action came on Chartreuse and White. Hope this weather holds out. 8)

·
Registered
229 Posts
nice fish - love that big smile on the young guy's face! I was out from about 4-6; I caught 2 in the 12" range - but I couldn't keep the drums off my line. at least 15 of them on a chartreuse jig.

One guy I bumped into also said that the bite was hot around 2 & then died off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.