Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out before dawn and hooked up with Fish81156 and Paul for a day in search of some eye's. The water temp at launch time was a chilly 47 degree's. My wife who came down to help launch the spinner boat was the first to pick up a fish. She was just tossing a jig towards shore while waiting for our partners when she lands this monster pike.!!
:)

At least she got one before she headed back home. The day started a bit slow with only some Whites, Bass and Gills taken then before lunch along with a nice 17 incher out of Fox Lake. :)

We broke for lunch at the Minneola Hotel and then headed north fishing our way back to the launch site. Thanks to Hadley's tip, we hit a spot that was on with another 4 eye's caught before we ended up on the north river.

Kept two 17's which were the biggest for the day for a fish fry. All other fish were released.

Totals for the day, give or take a few was 8 eye's, several whites with one at 15 inches, 3-4 Bass and a few gills. The wind was a bit rough at times but it ended up to be a good day on the water.

Poachers beware, the DNR is still out checking livewells and proper documents. :wink:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Whos that guy holding the Walleye (Hey thats me) Thanks again for a great day JD Walleye and all,next time I get the Bass. Pat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.