Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out this morning with Dave and Jack in pursuit of some high water walleyes. It was a tough day with constant fronts and temperature drops that left the water steaming several times throughout the day. Although our meeting time was at 6am, Launching on the North Fox before sunrise was a plan to check out just how much the river was effected by the flood.

It definitely has with many depth changes and several missing downed trees along shore that use to be good fishing spots. The biggest change people may notice is the entrance to the state park which now actually has two entrances due to an approximate 5 acre bog that broke up allowing you to see the park from the north before you even reach the channel. Fox waterway has it buoyed off and I would assume they will attempt to repair it some how.

It was a tough day with several fronts passing throughout the day. There were times our jackets were off and 5 minutes later, they were back on. We did manage to pick up some nice eyes even with the goofy fronts and wind. We managed several 13-14 inch fish.

Then we ran across a couple of nice fish. A fat 21 incher was followed up by a nice 18 inch.

The bite would change many times over the day with some hammering the baits and others playing the normal walleye guessing game. Most eye's came on Green jigs tipped with minnows but a couple were caught on crawlers. Fish were caught in water from 3-7 foot deep. Water temps ranged from 72-75 degrees. We did pick up a few drum, whites, largemouth and a gill. Lost a fairly nice cat but we ended up with 13 walleye for the day. Not bad for the weather we were dealing with.

Glad to be back on home waters. 8)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, It was a tough day with winds from all directions making it hard to get on any pattern. With the water level changes and still getting out of the northern Wisconsin mode, I think I got lucky. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.