Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up with Matt this morning to the chain for our annual trip. Didn't know what to expect with the changing weather and rising barometer but it didn't take long before Matt boated his first eye for the day measuring 27 inches. :)

The Release !!

We continued to hit some of the Southern Lakes hoping to build on the already successful day. We picked up more walleye, between 14-15 and several more shorts.

Bass were also active as we picked up a few throughout the day. Nothing real big but always fun to catch. :)

Also headed to cheese-land but could only pick up some whites. Current is still very strong. :shock:

There was also action from the Drum, Perch and Gills that made for an enjoyable day on the water. Water temps have dropped back down to the mid 50's and the level continues to drop. Although we were debating the night before whether we would even go, it turned out to be a productive day with some nice fish caught ending at the Spinner Lounge for some Bourbon and Cajun Chicken with fried rice. 8)

A special thanks to Matt for making the trip back up to spend a day on the Spinner Boat. I enjoy our outings very much. :wink:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
:shock: Wow a 27 inch walleye on the Chain? That looks like one you would catch up in Canada or northern Wisconsin, but the Chain? Wow Matt! Congrats. 8)

·
Registered
535 Posts
I knew when I seen the line-up of JD/FisningMatt in a post there would be a big fish involved.. AWESOME WALLEYE Matt...

Good job getting it done on a spring coldfront guys...

NPIKE

·
Registered
421 Posts
Again Great Job guys,Matt thats going to be tough to beat this season. Thats the biggest walleye I've seen caught on the chain.

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
First off, thanks to JD Spinners for another great Spring trip. I only make it to the Chain once a year, and so far, thanks to JD, all the outings have been great. JD lined everything up perfect and once again, was able to put his client on some really nice fish. The bait of choice was a darter jighead tipped with a 2'' white BPS grub. I was throwing the 3'' with no luck and JD mentioned there might also be crappies hanging in the same area so I switched to a 2''. After fighting the fish a few seconds I told JD that it had to be a catfish, because if it was a walleye, it was a monster. What a suprise when the white tail surfaced. JD did a fanstastic net job, as the fish was barely hooked right in the corner of its mouth. Gotta also give props to Coyote for getting me hooked on that particular BPS grub and also George, whose crappie posts using the bait fueled the whole thing. Funny how the fishing world works and how little tidbits of info and tips in posts can help other anglers out without the original poster even knowing it. The best part of all though, was watching the fish swim away. Maybe the next time she gets caught she will be a 30''.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Matt great job and even greater job for returning her to the water for another angler to have the same thrill as you did. For those of you that dont know JD he is a great guide and a great friend,after your out with him for a few minutes you feel like you've known him forever he's that kind of a person. If you book a trip with him you'll be treated to a great day on the water and you'll end up feeling like family by the time the day is done. I've spent some great time on the water with JD and the guys from the spinner club. It looks like the Spinner season is off to a great start.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.