Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking other Chicagoland fishing forums and I must say that WCF is not only the best looking but also has the most useful information and the best members.

Well done Jason and I thank you for such a great product of the web.

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
I agree. I have posted on, and still continue to post on many Chicago websites. After seeing them all over the course of the last 5 years or so, this one has turned out to be my favorite. I still like the other sites, and many members here are members of those forums as well. I always shake my head when people bash the sites though. All the sites are public and they all attract unsavory characters from time to time. Sometimes people have a tendency to potray the site as a whole from the actions of a few. In the end, all the sites basically do the same thing. Occasionally there are spats that require deleted posts, thread locks, warnings, and even people being banned. That happens on ALL the sites. WCF is still probably the smallest of the bunch, and that gives it more of a family atmosphere. While that is appealing, as the site grows it loses some of that feeling. Jason has worked hard to mantain that theme though, while at the same time doing things without ego involved. Sometimes I shake my head at how selfless he is. In my view, THAT is what makes the site what it is.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
FishinMatt said:
I agree. I have posted on, and still continue to post on many Chicago websites. After seeing them all over the course of the last 5 years or so, this one has turned out to be my favorite. I still like the other sites, and many members here are members of those forums as well. I always shake my head when people bash the sites though. All the sites are public and they all attract unsavory characters from time to time. Sometimes people have a tendency to potray the site as a whole from the actions of a few. In the end, all the sites basically do the same thing. Occasionally there are spats that require deleted posts, thread locks, warnings, and even people being banned. That happens on ALL the sites. WCF is still probably the smallest of the bunch, and that gives it more of a family atmosphere. While that is appealing, as the site grows it loses some of that feeling. Jason has worked hard to mantain that theme though, while at the same time doing things without ego involved. Sometimes I shake my head at how selfless he is. In my view, THAT is what makes the site what it is.
Very well Said :mrgreen:

- Geo

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I agree with Matt. I don't like when some sites bash on others. That's not cool.

I think each site has its own niche. Chitown is bigger on the big pond, Chicagoland is bigger on Bowfishing and the Fox, and WCF seems to be pretty well rounded in all areas.

I joined this site to check it out ( I was iffy at first), but 500+ posts later I'm still here. I like what has been done here and the community that shares through the forums at WCF

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FishinMatt said:
As Geo stated, very well said.

I am in no means bashing any of the other sites. I just much more enjoy the layout of this site and find it easier to navigate and find exactly the information I am looking for. The posts by the anglers on here are extremely detailed and more times than not very amusing to read.

This forum has jumped up to the #1 site I am on in the recent year and can not wait to be posting warm weather reports as I'm sure many of you feel the same. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
yes, kudos to Jason and everyone else here. This will be my second season fishing and I don't have many friends that fish at all. nearly 100% of my knowledge has come from this site. word.

8) B

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
webofsnyderman said:
I have been lurking other Chicagoland fishing forums and I must say that WCF is not only the best looking but also has the most useful information and the best members.

Well done Jason and I thank you for such a great product of the web.
Quoted for truth!!!

WCF rules!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.