Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out today and well i didnt get a skunk. went to try new GULP Alive Maggots, and they worked we caught 5 bluegills off of them in about 8feet of water.

Quick the bluegill fishing and put a whacky rig YUM Dinger on. Had 2 bass 13-14inches on both bight it and then jump off as i was reeling them in close to shore. My buddy also got a few taps and bumps on a spinnerbiat slowrolling it. While i was there a man caught about 3 bass (decent size) on those Stike King Hard Swimbaits. Im thinkin of gettin one

My question is what kind of hooks do you suggest for wacky rigging. I was using a 3/0 worm hook. Let me know

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Love them Yum Dingers...glad to see they are already working. Nice report! I'll use a 2/0 or 3/0 when rigged regularly, don't know about the whacky rigging.

·
Registered
826 Posts
casterus said:
As Culprit said 3/0 is to big for wacky.I'm using Gamakatsu Finesse Weedless in 1 or 1/0.
I use a 1/0 weedless Eagle Claw. I actually prefer the EC over the other more expensive models especially the Gammys that I used last year. I don't know if it was the same model that casterus mentioned but the weedguard was terrible on the ones I had. I lost a good fish in a T when that frickin' weedguard got in the way. Cost me some cash since it was defintely big bass of the T! Threw the rest away.

I picked up some Mustad 1/0 weedless that I'm going to try. Haven't caught any fish on them yet :( Good fishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.