Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a pond in tinley park today lookin to catch first open water fish of the year. Walked around the pond twice with a texas rigged manns hardnose lizard. Fished it off the bottom with a medium slow retrieve. And as no suprise i got my 7th skuked in a row. Its still to god damn cold and to early. The water temp was 38 degrees. Fished all the discharges and still not even a nibble. I saw at least 50 dead bluegill. Water was very muddy and staned. Very tough fishing conditions. Well the forecast for next week is 50 all week the week after that we fianlly got 60 degrees. Finally, the weather will get warm. Thank God

Dom

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Dom,

It is probably still a little early to be using lizards. I usually don't fish them until sometime next month. Try some smaller plastics. :wink:

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I agree with Toothdoc....ya might want to try a 2 or 3" twister tail with 1/32 oz jig or smaller. Move your way up to bigger baits as the season progresses. I've used bigger baits but further along into April. Good Luck.

JB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.