Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to ed and shirley to get my fishin liscnsen. And then went over to this pond in tinley. Got their around three and fished till 5. First cast i took something it it and then jumped off. It was a bass. I was using a texas rigged jerk bait fished slowly off the bottom. The day went on and we got skunked as usually that 7 in a row this year. ( Not including the 8 i got ice fishin in february, ya i havent caught an open water fish all year) but it was really nice out today and it was nice getting out. I used topwater for a while and a small crappie follwed it in. IS IT TO EARLY FOR TOPWATER LIKE BUZZBAIT.

we also saw 7 dead bass over 15inches. Dead muskrates, geese, ducks, and 50 dead bluegill.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
IMHO it is too early for topwater anything. Try 1/32 jig and 2" twister chartreuse.....fish it s-l-o-w. If you don't catch ANYTHING....fish it slower. Depending on the pond or body of water....use slip bobber, 6lb test and size 8 hook and use fathead minnow at the weedline. If that doesn't work....move.

JB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.