Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please Send me A PM And I will Greatly Apreciate it Aswell.

I Apologise for Promising and Then not coming through.

Please Send a PM Of What Species i promised to Take you out for, Or What Technigue.

And This season I Will Make sure it happens.

George

:D

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
well......... I did ask you about fishing the "Chicago River "and you never got back to me about your location of where you fished...

Maybe this spring... :wink:

I fished two spots as a kid ...one was a very large tree stump at the end of a very long river..the other was the river it self before the the stump. I enjoyed both (I sure did better at the stump.. :wink:
my friends were much better on the river side )but more important was the friends I fished with for the four years we fished every day in the summers of 1973 to 1977. They were true to the game of fishing and had a passion that I just loved. As you do you.... I cary that passion today to every spot I fish and I still think about them to this day. I hope they still fish :lol:

So...... I would like to improve my 'river' fishing skills..... that's why i asked in the first place.

Let's fish

·
Registered
424 Posts
Basscaster what part of the river did you fish? I grew up on 23rd and Damen in Chicago and I fished the river as a kid. We would fish by the barge channel at Ashland Ave. by the rodi boat yard and by Western Ave. bridge and past it at jack knife bridge. We caught alot of carp then but not much else.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
You never promised to help me out but I would like you to help me with your secrets to finesse fishing for bass during the winter :D . Those were some nice bass you caught on the NSC in you Shear Madness report.

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both Sound good to me !

Island Fisher i'd be more then happy in assisting you in winter Large Mouth.

And Basscaster I'd ALso be more then willing in Fishing with you this coming spring.

Anyone else..??

I'll Look at old Reports, Find a pattern of some sort to lean on and Will be Pm'ing both a Few dates, You tell me the times and which date best suites you.

George

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not a Problem.

what Species (If a Specific one)

what Tactic ?

Crank baiting
Soft Plastics
Finesse
Spinner or other wire bait
Night bass fishing
Crappie Panfishing

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Bottom Fishing Catfish
Bottom/Float Fishing Carp
Day/night Carp Catfishing
Match European Style Fishing
Chumming

there's Many more...

Just an Example.

thanks

George

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Fish8115 ,
I grew up in Northern New Jersey
the pool with the big stump where we fished is now part of
a mini mall :-(

they also rerouted the river

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
George, it's real nice of you to share your knowledge. how about we do a little outing on the NSC and you can show a bunch of us how you work your magic. We don't have to go to a secret spot, some place along the river where it's not so secret. then you can pm me your super duper secret hot spot. :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.