Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got of the phone with the bossman ice is fine 9''always use caution like wrench said ice is never safe fishing is slow just a few hop klpos about 7 people out.I took a break today to do some around the house stuff and after getting my ass handed to me on friday on Geneva by the GODFATHER i needed a break.I'll get some pics up of his gills he caught they were slobs.Wrench that was comedy with you and koolaid on the four wheeler thought you two were going swimming.Even funnier was the lugan the hit the same hole at the end of the night thought for sure he was swimming.I'll get those pics soon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got some other info there are some thin spots is possibly 3" so USE CAUTION.They had to use a plank to get on for a few feet but o.k. after that.Ice holes are freezing over so it is cold out there and the ice was soft after rain but should stiffen up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah someone was crying about the wind and there being large trash can size holes in the ice. I just got off the ice. .. the wind sucked and the bite was off only sheephead with the occasional undersized crappie. Now i am sitting at home in my nice warm house.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yea i was out their too,ice was good were i went 6in,solid,marked lots of fish in 16-18 ft,Caught 2 fish drum white bass,thought i had a spot set up the shelter,sat their 3 hours nothing,then moved twice nothing,was great to get out

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good work Larry! Yeah i had a few small hop clops but threw them back and the sheep head i caught became food for the crows. Nice haul! And i for sure will take you up on your WI offer next year!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
RAPMAN said:
Sounds like someone else is pouting.LOL
Hey Rick, I didn't see you out there... that's just too bad, cause Bossman caught his biggest IL crappie today... too bad you missed out dude!!! 8)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
mplant1 said:
damn Larry that's friggn awesome! you should've called me
I tried calling you back after I missed your call at 4:50am :lol:

Larry was out there slaying the stripped carp and the sheepers... I tried calling you even at noon dude, and there was no answer... :?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
oldsalt said:
Yea i was out their too,ice was good were i went 6in,solid,marked lots of fish in 16-18 ft,Caught 2 fish drum white bass,thought i had a spot set up the shelter,sat their 3 hours nothing,then moved twice nothing,was great to get out
You might have passed us up out there... Wish we would have ran into each other... It was definately a tough bite with the High Barometer Pressure

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know just got off the phone with him did you guys get any pics i hope so. Were the big ones RELEASED.What is up for tomorrow same at night if so call me.Going to N.P. in A.M. Heard the perchies are in good.Should be back around 11:00 a.m.Larry way to stack up the silver bass and the striped carp few hop clops also good work bro.WHERE HAS CHUCK BEEN......

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Chuck Has been Sick as a Dog that ate a Sheephead... Hes been hanging back at the pad drinking Cognac trying to get better... But I don't know if the Hennesy will actually help for the time being... LOL :lol:

As for Pics... There will be a report.. too bad the whole Panfish Mafia was not there... You pussied out on 9 inches of ice... :lol: 8) The 1/16 inch of ice along the shoreline does not count!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
mplant1 said:

Larry was out there slaying the stripped carp and the sheepers... I tried calling you even at noon dude, and there was no answer... :?
Yes - there's a good explanation for that. At 4:50 I was drunk so i drunk dialed you, and at noon I was still sleeping

I called you tonight dude!!\

anyways, when are we going fishing next?

·
Registered
308 Posts
mplant1 said:
WrenchingnFishing said:
mplant1 said:

Yes - there's a good explanation for that. At 4:50 I was drunk so i drunk dialed you, and at noon I was still sleeping

I called you tonight dude!!\

anyways, when are we going fishing next?
Mike I'm going to pistakee tonight. Actually I might leave in an hour. I was fishing with Larry until after dark. I was having a blast catching suspended crappies. Give me a call.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Big Bass Lee said:
Mike I'm going to pistakee tonight. Actually I might leave in an hour. I was fishing with Larry until after dark. I was having a blast catching suspended crappies. Give me a call.
I'm working until 530 or 6 or so. I'll give ya a buzz later

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
bossman41 said:
Hey china man I see a few of the bigger crappies in that photo with my Name on dem. BAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! :lol:
The White Crappie has Wrench written all over it! :lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
Chuck Has been Sick as a Dog that ate a Sheephead... Hes been hanging back at the pad drinking Cognac trying to get better... But I don't know if the Hennesy will actually help for the time being... LOL :lol:
Drink, Drink My Friend, Let The Cognac Take Care Of What Ails You, Soon You Will Be One With The Fishes My Friend :shock:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.