Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on Sunday with my buddies .....water was boiling 104 degrees by veterans point.....and 87 degree on the south-west side ......thousands of fish dead on the shore ,blues,stripers, shad,shiphead etc.Does anyone know why is this happening? is because the water is to hot? or the nuclear plant did something wrong? :x

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
It Must smell like the river after the salmon run when they all die off... :eek: Baking in that sun, Damn it must stink! :shock:

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
That is one of the reasons why many of the fish are not too big as Lasalle. Especially hybrids, smallies, and largemouth. They grow at an incredible rate, but unfortunately fishkills are way to common there to support large numbers of trophy gamefish. The last few years have been a little better, but it looks like next year might be another year when the majority of bass are 12-14'' again :cry:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I too was out there last Sunday 6-28-09. Seen all those dead fish. Has to be the water temp. I remember a buddy telling me a while back, LaSalle lake tried to stock Walleye. He said the next year and so, there were dead Walleyes floating everywhere. Water was too hot for them. However, I seen a bucket dude catch a really nice Walleye just a few weeks ago. Couldn't believe my eyes. And of course, it went on the stringer as did 40 six inch channel cats.

Its a damn shame too (water temp), LaSalle lake could be one of the all time greatest fishing spots around.

Went out there Friday afternoon 7-3-09, and tried for some blues. Bagged a couple nicer ones. Besides the 50 dink channels each of us caught, I took a confirmed 13lb'er and an 11lb'er. Daughter took a confirmed 12lb'er. Took one Smallie (12 or so inches) that looked like it hadn't eaten in months. Poor thing. All were released. Seems there are still a few fish left in that lake.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.