Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit up Deep with Augy till about 1pm.
Caught lots of fish,well mostly Augy did (20 or more around the 12-14" range)on junebog 5" senkos.
I did land a beauty on a pop r on a very long cast just under some overhanging tree branches into the middle of what looked like a swarm of mayflies and a couple of pops and wham fish on !
The fight was amazing as she was pulling drag ,had to pull her through some weedclumups and finally land her :D
I caught 3 on topwater 1 on a floating rapala minnow and 1 on a senko
Augy caught all his on senkos.

4lbs13oz too bad she was spawned out.

Slider I think we seen ur truck there when we left, u have a Kistler sticker on the back?

·
Registered
513 Posts
There is nothing better than top water fishing.

Great fish guys!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Thats a nice bass, the head is extra large compared to the body too. Not my truck, I was there later. I missed you Jason- did you see one of Jacks boats hauling butt? :D I got 3 fish saturday one by the apartments and 2 by the duck blind on mplants advice, but nothing big. I still havent even got around to throwing a senko or plastics there, Ill try that next time. That lake seems like one big weedbed, and its not clear right now at all. The weeds and bottom in places are weird there, it looks like the bottom is shallow but its a bunch of soft stuff (dead weeds from kills?) I can motor through it all but I have to clean my prop like 20 times.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice outing!
Seemed like the weather out there on Sat had no idea what it wanted to do. Calm, Rainy, sunny, windy, etc. All over the place.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
When we were out there for the ice gathering in Feb. I notice that the weeds looked like crap... How do they look now? Is the topwater bite the top choice because of the weeds? Just curious... Now that I have points, I may have to drag my ass out to the Deep Lake tourney in June... - BPM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.