Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Boat rental opens at 6am for those that need to rent and we will be fishing the main pool . Trolling motors only :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Somethings to think about. Unlike Deep, we won't be able to get in there until after 7:00 or when Barney Fife decides to get up and open the gates. That being said the, who knows when the boat rental people show up. Although I am all for a Busse Tourney, I don't think that we will be able to get on the water as early as we would like. Just my 2 cent.

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
I am all for a Busse tourney, but hopeufully those who proposed and ultimately decided on this location will call ahead and make sure everything is in order for a 6A start. That would be crappy for everyone if we had to sit at the gate till 7 or the boat rental did not open until 8 :p We have a few weeks, so hopefully all gets worked out well ahead of time.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Do not count on the fp being open at any specific time. I have noticed a variation of hours in thier openeing procedures. However, Busse has been pretty consistant for me recently. They have been open (or in the process of opening) before 6 every time I have gone there that early on a weekend. I dont rent though so thats another story.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yeah, if we want to have a start before the sun rises it won't be at a forest preserve lake. Deep Lake is really the only place I know where we can get out that early with boat rentals. So we would have to decide if starting at around 6:30 or so is okay because even though they may open at 6:00 we should expect it to take at least a half hour to get everything organized and paid for. So we could be losing a full hour or more of fishing time in the early morning. :(

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I think that fishing Busse is a great idea even if we don't get on the water as early as we can when we fish Deep. It would be nice to fish some different waters and maybe others that haven't come before would show as well. We could also fish for walleye and northerns in addition to bass there. We could try it there on the 28th and if it doesn't work out then we could stick to Deep in the future.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.