Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went out to the axe yesterday from about 2pm until 8pm. Really bad day. My buddy and I just couldn't figure out where those dang bass were. Didn't catch a thing all day and to top it all off I had a freak casting accident. :x So as I was casting and i didn;t notice that the hook snagged the top half of my brand new Ugly Stick that my brother bought me for my birthday. The next thing I know I see the top half of my new, unused pole go flying about ten feet into the lake. I was PIIIIIISSSSSSEEED :evil: I just stood there in utter disbelief. now I have to go and buy an brand new pole. @#$%@#1!!!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Thats rough. I assume the line broke at the lure? :( You could always drag the bottom with a treble and a 3oz weight. I have heard of this working for finding lost gear.

·
Registered
229 Posts
dude - we've all been there :)
One time several years back I was muskie fishing. Casting big lures, started to get a little tired, stopped paying attention real close. Next thing, the reel backlashes & the lure rips the whole combo right out of my hands & into the drink. that was a couple hundred bucks. My cousin still loves to pull out the pictures of me trying to drag the bottom with stringers & sinkers to snag my lost pole.

also cat fishing with my kids last summer we were starting a fire & looked back up at the rods just in time to watch my daughter's rod get yoinked into the river by a fish never to be seen again.

·
Registered
472 Posts
You can contact Shakespear(sp) and explain the situation. Give them the model number of the rod and ask them how much it costs to replace the section that you lost. Sometimes companies only charge you shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.