Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wanted me change the furnace filter today. Went to the hardware store got the filter and decided to check out that dam that Jason said was just north of Touhy.

I had my fishing stuff in the trunk. Grabbed my baitcast with a white spinnerbait already tied on to it from my last outing a few days ago.

I walked up the river a couple of 100 yards and found the dam. Casted a couple of times and caught this beauty.

First pike for me and first of anything on spinnerbaits. Totally cool!

Unhooked and released, back to change the furnace filter in less than an hour.

Life is good. All are happy

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't get a measurement. I wasn't sure if I was going to have a hardtime getting him off the hook. First time for a fish with teeth. As soon as I grabbed under the gills he relaxed.

I was thinking if I measure the willow blade on the spinner I could get a good idea of the size from the picture.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Being the Math major, I measured the spinner blade at 2" and then used an architect's scale on the picture to get 17".

But then again, I like your estimate better Doc.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
horn13 said:
Being the Math major, I measured the spinner blade at 2" and then used an architect's scale on the picture to get 17".

But then again, I like your estimate better Doc.
I think that it's a little bigger than than 17". It's hard to say for sure from the angle of the pic though. Next time use your pole as a quick measuring tool. :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.