Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Topwater said:
Hey, if they can get away with it, why not :D just tell em "i can't read" if signs are posted :p
I was thinking the same thing. If there's only signs by the entrance and you don't have a car nearby there (or walk/bike there), you technically could say that you walked in from the back end, or came through the forest trail lol. Or, you can always pretend that you don't speak English :lol: . This just isn't right...why can't the people wait like everyone else :? .

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
That sucks. I'm sure the state spends a good amount of money to stock those trout. Too bad they don't enforce their regulations. I remember years ago they allowed catch and release before the season opened, but there would always be a few guys who tried to ignore the rules. Back then though, the DNR actually seemed to give a darn.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Topwater said:
Hey, if they can get away with it, why not :D just tell em "i can't read" if signs are posted :p
Not won't work.
Can't use ignorance of the law with a judge.

I say call the DNR and toss the book at em!

Plus you need an inland stamp, rules are set for opening day.
Without that folks would follow the truck with nets...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Rollcast said:
Topwater said:
Can't use ignorance of the law with a judge.

Plus you need an inland stamp, rules are set for opening day.
Without that folks would follow the truck with nets...
sure ya can, happens everyday. not supposed to but i am sure it does. i say do it if signs aren't obvious, its the DNR's job to enforce it. if they come and tell ya to leave then leave...there are tons of people already fishing without a license, come to think of it, are there sign there in general that tell you in english and spanish that you have to have a fishing license to fish? i don't recall seeing any...

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
it's the lazy ass fp cops fault who sit in their patrol cars and watch the parking lots rather than actually do their jobs, get out and patrol, HELLO!!, the FOREST PRESERVE. They are more like parking lot attendants than police officers. :evil: :x

·
Registered
594 Posts
Augy said:
it's the lazy ass fp cops fault who sit in their patrol cars and watch the parking lots rather than actually do their jobs, get out and patrol, HELLO!!, the FOREST PRESERVE. They are more like parking lot attendants than police officers. :evil: :x
I disagree, if you see that get a plate number and complain.
There are fewer and fewer, by doing a crappy job they can expect even less..

In January I was icefishing Tampier is SW Cook.
No one around anywhere, plus it was ~15 degrees out.

I was ~100yd off shore and a preserve cop walked up on me.
Checked me for a license.

Many do their jobs, its a tough one.

Topwater-we disagree.
Are there signs about littering, snagging or over harvesting?

Common sense and some personal standards would stop it.

Because folks are taking fish early, with no stamp and no standing FP authority doesn't make it right.

I'll buy my stamp and wait until opening day.
Signage or not, if I see questionable acts I'll call it in or dump yer bucket over.

Of course I'll give a half sincere "Ooops sorry"...........

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
maybe it's just the ccfp cops around my area that don't do jack diddley. sure, some do a great job, but from what i've seen, most don't do enough.

i probably shouldn't put the entire blame on them, BUT, if they put just a tad more effort in enforcing the laws, maybe the news would get out and people who use to ignore the rules will start to abide by them.

we can't enfore the laws, only they have the authority to do it. we can help but it's ultimately up to them to put a stop to all the illegal activity.

just my 2 cents rant. 8)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Remember when one of them ran someone over in an fp? He didnt even have a drivers liscense. Its a nepotism type job. Im sure theres some good guys with the fppd, but in general they are useless. Those guys dont have to do $hit! Some of the things Ive seen them do and not do. Wow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.