Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to twin lakes yesterday, fish are currently spawning, lots of beds are visible, but the biggest fish I saw was about 16". Worked a DT-6 on the west side of the lake, came up with one dink

Then Found a bed by the pier, the guy fishing for it was using a senko, he had no luck, and left me to try for it. I figured I would have to put the jig and grub on its bed and just let it sit for a while to not spook it right away, so i tossed it on the bed, as I expected, the fish scurried out, so I just started working the DT-6 while I let the Jig soak, but as im cranking, I see the line wandering away from me, apparently the fish took off with my jig and as about 15 feet away from its bed, I bring it in, and its bleeding like crazy, Pulled it in, estimated at 15" and snapped a quick photo

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Nice work! Thanks for the report.
Good to see some one post about twin lakes this year, I have been waiting....

I used to fish this place a lot in the summers, and do fairly well... With largemouth but never anything two big...but I know they in there...used to work the side with the rocks and that pier...that is a goood pier!

Used to do well with perch also right bye that clubhouse where you get food, the were 3 benches.

Also saw a guy land a big musky, tiger musky I think... Over 40inches....really changed how I thought about the lake...

Thanks
Jaypee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.