Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for about two hours to Twin Lakes, mainly to test out my new rod that I got yesterday. I was using a bitsy pond minnow, and got one nice bass which I unfortunately couldn't set the hook on. :cry:
Otherwise, the water looks about 1/2 to 1 foot above regular, and it was pretty stained. Also, saw one guy who looked like he really loved ice fishing- he was fishing with some ice rods off the dock, and was actually getting some gills. I can't wait for the weather to stay warm for a little bit longer, so that the fish get moving again. :p

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WrenchingnFishing said:
Thanks for the report. Sorry to hear about the Bass you missed, You will get her next time! :wink:
Yeah, thanks, I'm almost 100% sure that the foul hookset was because of the tiny little trebles that they put on those bitsy pond minnows. Oh well, I'll get her next time. :)

· Registered
34 Posts
Hey HS, Is this lake productive at all. I drive by there all the time but never see anyone out there. Maybe one day I will make my way out there and do some Drop Shotting. Ever try Lake Arlington in Arlington Heights. Very Productive out there. Usually do pretty good on the bass in there.

Chris

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Twin Lakes is full of bass. I think that it is soooo much better than Lake Arlington, partly because Lake Arlington is huge, and it takes a lot of walking in order to just hook into a bass. Twin Lakes- you park your car, and you're already there. Little to no walking, and plus you have the chance to hook into some very nice LMB's and also a chance at a Tiger. I wouldn't suggest drop-shotting though. I've tried it, and never had luck here. Go with some Rat-L-Traps or other crankbaits along the rocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.