Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished for musky for a little while and ended up with a few follows and then this fish bit after I saw it suspended 20 feet from shore. Lots of big jumps and flips. What a blast. To top it all off you can go get a beer and enjoy the moment. You gotta love this place. Released the fish after the pictures

·
Registered
953 Posts
Holy Crap!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's a monster fish. I never even imagined that lake to have fish that big. I am definitely going to have to visit there at some point. What are they charging these days to fish there??

Great job on the fish and welcome to the site! :D

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
:shock:

Holy @&$% that's a nice fish. Welcome to the site man!

:shock:

You should change your name to addicted to musky! What a catch!

Any more details on the fish? how long, what you caught it on, how heavy your line was ect. . .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys. I have got a few more that size and one WAY bigger jumped off about a month ago. Hope to meet some cool people to fish with. Anybody wanna go fishing? I really want to fish some waterfrom a boat.

·
Registered
453 Posts
What do you recommend as far as rod setup/what to use? I was thinking of maybe using live bait, like some 6-8 in. golden roaches. Would those work? If you're looking for another place to go, I'd try Independence Grove. There are some very nice sized musky and northern in there, and it could be fished with a boat (rented boat). I'm definitely going to either Twin Lakes or Independence Grove, or both, this weekend, depending on the weather.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Phil I use an 8 foot shimano calcutta rod with a calcutta 300te I was using 17lb test. I bet live bait would work but I have not had much luck with bait.I like to throw big baits but dont want to give to much away.Work at it and you will figure out what is best for you.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Holy shittake :!: I fish ther often. I've seen some big carp in there but had no idea the skis were that big. Boat rentals there are reasonable (compared to Busse) I have musky gear, trolling motor and battery. I'm ready whenever you are.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.