Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been meaning to go here for a long time.Looking for a place to go close enough to home,other than Beck Lake.Got tired of the Rottweillers and Pit Bulls off the leash strolling past my back at Beck. Anyway: arrived around 4pm at TwinLakes Recreation Park.It's a beautiful place.There were lots of kiddie Golfers,athletic women, and friendly people in general. It costs $4.50 per day know and close to $30.00 a year. Jason,you are right!It was well worth the price. 1st,i used a gold colored jig head with a golden roach(shiner).Two casts into it, i had my slip bobber dragged away from my pole holder as i threw some garbage out.Ran to set hook and pulled it right out of fishes mouth.My guess a Northern;because,the scales were cleaned off nicely from golden roach.Ten minutes later,i pulled in a nice 14"LMB.It was nice and fat head to tail-no skinny part on him.Lots o0f nibbles in less than two hours.Some nice ducks kicked me out of my spot as daylight began to fade.I cant wait to go back and make a day of it.Seems like a cool,clean place to hang out and fish.Very nice concession , everything from pop and hotdogs to beer and icecream. TOM

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
they sell beer there? word. good to know...i used to get little to med-sized perch right by the concession area...to the left of the eating deck. by the 3 benches, and lots of bass by the rock wall... they get on the mega phone and yell at you to get off rocks...but let you fish to the left and right side of the rock wall....left side by peir...nice spot.

JayPee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.