Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father and I made our eighth annual trip to Uchi Lake Lodge, which is a fly in fishing lodge located in Ontario. This was the earliest we have ever gone and with the late winter the fishing was a little slower than years past. Instead of having 150 fish a day we averaged around 75.

The first night I caught my personal best walleye at 29"s. My father and I like to troll large cranks right before and after sunset. I caught this beast on a J-13 clown pattern.

We caught 11 walleyes over 24 inches it was awesome! We still caught a bunch of small ones in between. :D

This next one was my second biggest of the fish at 26".

I casted for pike a lot trying to to get a 40"+ trophy but could get one larger than 36".

We had cold crazy weather up there and got chased off the water a few times by some insane storms.

Other anglers reported catching fish that were still full of eggs. We were still able to catch some good ones with the spawn still going on.

My dad has been getting into photography lately and was able to take advantage of getting a close up look of this bald eagle.

The fishing was great but nothing beats making memories with the old man!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Great trip Sean ,those r some impressive fish bro :shock:

Nothing beats father & son memories :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Outstanding Fish, Outstanding Pictures, Eagle pictures are awsome. Love your expression with the small eye.

Best of all you and dad look like your both having the time of your life and sharing it together.

THAT IS PRICELESS !!!!

NPIKE

·
Registered
953 Posts
Those are some excellent fish. I haven't caught a walleye longer than 20" so I can't imagine the fight you would get from a 29". :shock: And those walleye are so dark it's amazing. Looks like a great trip. I hope to someday get up to Canada for some fishing, but it could be a long time. :( Oh well, congrats to you and your dad.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Another great trip accomplished I see. Very impressive outcome on both the walleye and northerns!
The scenery is incredible, I can see why this was the 8th trip up there. Glad to see you guys had a great time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.