Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for a good UL spincast reel? Anybody use the Zebco Microlights before, or how about Uncle Bucks reels? Any info would ba appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was told by someone that repairs rods and reels for a living to stick with Shimano and/or Daiwa.

I recentlently purchased a Daiwa 5ia at FishTech for around $40. I am very happy with it. It feels quite substantial in its build quality and is extremely smooth.

I also bought a Shakespeare combo a few months ago when I was just starting to get back into fishing again after a long break ((hmmmm the kids are in college and high school.....)if you get my drift). It does its job very well and I really can't complain.

There is a reel for everybody and every price point it seems now a days.

I guess what your paying for, is the reel's ability to stand up to abuse. If you fish alot or bang you equipment, pay up the cheaper stuff won't hold up.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'll have to keep looking around to see if I can find a store that has anything in stock. For now, I'll just stumble along and suffer with my big clumsy reels. lol

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You got it doc! Now if only the Dick's or GM by me had them in stock, I wouldn't have to drive an hour and a half from me to BPS or Cabela's (soon!).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.