Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to head out to IG on Saturday morning for the first time ever. I know they have boat rentals along with trolling motor rentals so here is my question. Is it worth it to rent the boat and motor at a cost of something like $10 combined per hour or can I find enough space on the shore to catch a few big ones? I have never been there, but some of the posts here sound promising so I thought I would give it a try. Am I okay with just some artificials and some nightcrawlers or should I invest in some minnows as well? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
-How much $$$ is the boat + motor rental?
-What time are you goin to get there?
-Is the rental all day ?
- Are you going to fish all day

If the rental is more than 40.00 and your only going for a few hours

Fish are going to be shallow. I would fish from shore.

If it's an all day event.... get the boat :lol:

It being your first time to the lake......maybe scope it out this time before putting down the $$$$

Just a few thoughts. I have never been there.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I have fished IG both from shore and from boat before. BassCaster is right, the fish will be shallow and you can probably do well from shore. Phil caught a huge LMB there from shore last year. There are definitely some big ones in there. 8)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess that settles it. I might as well save some money and just fish from shore. Just need to find a nice quiet area there to fish away. Looks like a great weather forecast so hopefully they will be biting what I am selling.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
sounds like th perfect time to google map IG and scope out some good spots from shore. :mrgreen:

i'm getting excited about this warmer weather pattern we've been getting. fishing should get real good soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.