Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey WCF,
It's been a WHILE since I've posted up on here. Yes, I've been sorta keeping up with the message board (I honestly check it almost everyday) but I don't have too much time to really reply and compete with everybody to become a fishing czar anymore, lol.

Updates with me:
I've been fishing regularly with the FIBC = Fighting Illini' Bass Fishin' Club, and we sent our top 10 members about 2 weeks ago and we won the Big 10 Classic against most of the Big Ten schools (Purdue, Wisconsin, Iowa, etc...) I didn't get to compete cuz I just joined, but our school is ranked #1 in the nation now.

It's been really awesome getting to learn so much from the guys here. I have never seen people as crazy about bass fishin' as me until I came here. I realized that I don't know anything, and my giant tackle bag is miniature to them, lol. I've been spendin all of my $ tryna' buy more rods/reels, I'll soon be up to about 6-7 baitcasting rigs (I've been learning about which rods for different types of bait and cover/structure). I'll hopefully be getting out on one their bass boats soon, I'll have pics up eventually.

Most of the fish I've been catching down here have been up to the 2 lb range. My friend pulled a nice 3lber, and there are many stories of fish in the 5-6 lb range being caught in local lakes. So, hopefully by the time fall is done, I'll be able to post up some nice pics.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thats pretty cool dude! I always wanted to join a fishing club they sound pretty interesting.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Tim, glad to hear that you are able to do quite a bit of fishing. I wish that there was a fishing club when I was in school. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice hearing from u buddy !
U already have 6-7 baitcasting rigs lol.
glad u can still keep fishing out there,everything sounds cool.
take care Tim.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang Aris you've passed me up to a Fishing Fanatic?! lol

Man, I need to start postin' more often...... hah hah

Are you guys still heading out to deep? I might be coming home sometime.... within the next month........... lol

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
anytime Tim as long as there`s no ice lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts