Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am glad I found this site, I have learned more from here than my life membership to NAFC and other venues...... I've been out alot more this year and am going to start retooling and updating tackle. I know I have to get some Senko's... LOL :lol: Other than that if I had to start with 5 or 6 other lures to vary it up, are there any suggestions? I have a bunch of rapalas(but have to vary my colors up), rattle traps, a couple of spinners and top waters. Without spending a fortune-should I stick to one or two sizes to start?

Thanks a ton.. Alot of knowledge on this site :)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
It sounds like you have some hard-baits to start with already. Maybe get into texas rigging and carolina rigging some Plastics, craws, lizards, things of that nature. you can pick up a small pack of different size bullet weights and egg sinkers and swivels with some 3/0 or 4/0 Gama wide gap hooks to get ya started. The wieght of the sinkers will vary on what you are fishing and how heavy of line you are using along with wind and current. For stained water, dark colors are always good. In clearn water, white has always been a ticket for me. You can also use sluggos and or plastic flukes wieghtless used in a dying bait fish jerking retrieve. The is soo much out there you can do. It also matters where you will be fishing as well...

Hope this helps a bit. Right now is good a good top-water bite :wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
These days with all the selections it sure is hard to start a box and cover all the bases. I would keep it simple and only buy a few of each type. Senkos are definitely a good bait to start with.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.. Kind of thought that is the direction. The other day at BPS I spent almost an hour and half there-now I remember what it was like as kid in a toy store!

Gonna go back tomorrow and get some plastics-was never too confident on those so probably why I didnt have a good selection in my bag.... :oops:

·
Registered
369 Posts
instead of buying different colors go with different sizes. jst get two or three different colors but try more to vary your sizes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.