Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a small boat with a trolloing motor and a trailer. I will let you use it anytime in exchange for storage. This boat will be small enough to tow with any passanger car. Must be around 30 mins from Schaumburg (or something up north).
Looking at a 12' aluminum with a trolling mototr or more likely the basstender 11.3 found under the link:
http://www.pedalboat.com/oz/4/com/fish/bt113/bt113.html

·
Registered
748 Posts
Here is how i look at it, it is in my yard it gets stolen, it gets damaged,when i am useing it the trailer gets stolen, it gets damaged on the water i have to get a hitch, i never towed a boat before, i have a hitch on my truck but i have to change the ball size for this boat ,am i insured if the rig comes orr the hitch when i am towing it. I donit want somebody making noise 4 oclock in my yard when you come to use it I donit want somebody i donit know on my properity I got kids and they are going to play in it,do i have to bail it out everthing time it rains
This is how i look at it , nothing personal throw, i could not help anyhow, i get 3 boats now 1 in the garage 2 in the yard , but i hope somebody helps you so you can i have a boat

·
Registered
654 Posts
oldsalt said:
Here is how i look at it, it is in my yard it gets stolen, it gets damaged,when i am useing it the trailer gets stolen, it gets damaged on the water i have to get a hitch, i never towed a boat before, i have a hitch on my truck but i have to change the ball size for this boat ,am i insured if the rig comes orr the hitch when i am towing it. I donit want somebody making noise 4 oclock in my yard when you come to use it I donit want somebody i donit know on my properity I got kids and they are going to play in it,do i have to bail it out everthing time it rains
This is how i look at it , nothing personal throw, i could not help anyhow, i get 3 boats now 1 in the garage 2 in the yard , but i hope somebody helps you so you can i have a boat
I'm confused. :?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jnapodano said:
Have you thought of renting a garage space, you can get them as cheap as 50-75/mo. in this economy
Yeah I know but I think for now I'm just going to use the 50-75/mo to just rent a boat.
I just can't wait for my fiancee to graduate college and buy a house. Condos suck if you like to mess in your garage or enjoy any kind of outdoors.
Thanks for the comments, just thought someone would like that deal until I get a house.
Anyone interested in renting a boat with a trolling motor?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.