Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used the new Vanish fluorocarbon line? It turns red. I've used the previous version and thought it was decent. The new one is a few bucks more expensive.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I have tried the original Vanish and hated it. It had poor knot strength and broke very easily. I have been much happier with PLine.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know, I think you're right.

I've only tried the lighter-test lines, and I had a heck of a time making the connection. My uni-to-uni and albright knots were all busting. I just thought I was using too thin of a line. I think I need to take your advice and use pline. Thanks!

In saltwater fishing, I usually use Seaguar lines and they are good. There's a relatively new company called Blackwater - they make some good stuff, but I believe it's for larger fish.

·
Registered
341 Posts
LOL, is that why my knots seemed so weak the past six months??? I started using vanish in the summer and ever since I've noticed a tremendous
difference. The 4 pound broke almost every snag in the weeds during the trout opener. Tying size 12 hooks in the dark wasn't fun! :evil:

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Doods...................best flouro on market=Gamma. The 100% vanish flouro is ok, Pline is a little better but they don't compare fwiw. Lil more expensive but you get what you pay for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.