Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Sunny Florida last week for a week of fun in the sun

Fished most days played a few rounds of golf and enjoyed some great weather
80's most days and sunny...Bit windy at times.

Caught:

31 Bass
1 Talapia
1 turtle
0 snook :-(

Most were caught on flick shakes and shakey heads, a few on a jerk baits and rattle-traps

South Florida is in a drought the water in the local ponds was about 3 feet low :shock:

Here are a few pics of the bigger bass

Came home to 2 inches of snow...... :evil: Come on !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Good Job out there Mike. It must feel good to have some nice weather while out fishin'

Florida Bass are awesome!

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tradersteve said:
does sorta look like an oscar
They only other fish you can see are talapia but it may be an oscar :?: ...I was not sure

I thought i was snagged...i just dragged him in.... he did not even fight

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Islandfisher said:
Did you pack a pole with you or buy one while you were there?
I shipped a bunch of stuff the week before I got there Sean

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Well done Mike! I am in Ft. Myers right now and there is a definite drought going on down there. The little pond that I am fishing is down probably at least 4 feet, but let's just say that there are a lot of bass in it. :wink: I have lost count of how many fish I have already caught and I just got here yesterday. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
953 Posts
You guys are making me sick with all this Florida bass talk. Oh to be catching dozens of bass right now. Instead I have to look at snow with very little prospect of good fishing for the next few weeks........at least. Ugh!

Nice job though.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
toothdoc said:
Well done Mike! I am in Ft. Myers right now and there is a definite drought going on down there. The little pond that I am fishing is down probably at least 4 feet, but let's just say that there are a lot of bass in it. :wink: :mrgreen:
Nice Tim...have fun...no need to hury back it's cold...... :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Both of you guys stop it :p You are bringing back too many fond memories of Florida bass. Even my college roomates grandmothers trailer park was a fun time because of the pond fishing. Just insane fishing there in February/March. Go get a 10lber Doc 8)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
BassCaster said:
Islandfisher said:
Did you pack a pole with you or buy one while you were there?
I shipped a bunch of stuff the week before I got there Sean
Nice! I have an awesome three piece rod that came with a hard plastic tube. I usually stuff it sideways in my suitcase. The rod has been to sweeden, austria and even Jamaica! The people in Jamaica thought I was a god. I kind of turned into a bucket head while down there and gave all the fish I caught to the workers at the resort.

I bought the rod from BPS. They offer a similar one now that is shorter and has a lighter action.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.