Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the west side of Belleau yesterday after work. I was the only fisherman out there. Threw dark and light plastic worms, buzzbait, and jigs. Only action was a small bass on the light worm. No structure to throw to. Bottom seems to be all rock. Seems like a live bait/bobber kind of lake to me.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Fished the west side of Belleau yesterday after work. I was the only fisherman out there. Threw dark and light plastic worms, buzzbait, and jigs. Only action was a small bass on the light worm. No structure to throw to. Bottom seems to be all rock. Seems like a live bait/bobber kind of lake to me.
The bass are there seen a lot of good fish in the spring,problem now is the thermocline, going be 15 to 18 ft down will very in different parts of the lake,that's were they will be,hard to present a bait from shore,and they are not going go up or down for it ,had same situation on West Loon lake yesterday ,crappie and gill 15 to 18 ft over 30 ft,took a while but I got them.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
You're right - the bottom is all rock. It was dug out for fill when they built 294 back in the day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts