Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of my fishing adventures are really misadventures. Just 2 days ago I took a nice spill on an incline and ended up sitting in some real gooey mud. Call me Bill Dance the 2nd. I was looking at my fish logs and videos of what I was doing and where I was fishing this month (March) over the last several years and pulled out this old video which is one of my favorites.

Turn up the tunes!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Awesome vid ron.. I like when ya barrow the can opener and then had no choice to buy a bag of frozen corn. LOL

BTW, I use to fish that joint when I was a kid and painball back there as well, Did you ever do any good in the pond around the bend? All I have caught there was dink bass and seen tons of carp and gills. Pretty cool quite place tho. Besides when the steam machine comes rolling through!!! :lol:

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes it's a crappie every cast in the creek and some real big bluegills too. Of course, no WWD fish on my dinner table. A good carpin' spot.

It looks like a paintball warzone back there. Or an Al-Queda training camp. lol I pick up more wood ticks there than anywhere I know.

I used to pick up lots of nice bass out of the lake using spinners. It's real shallow and there are lots of snags on that nylon landscaping mesh that's in the water. There's a hump (delta) at the creek mouth. I used to cast over it and retrieve over the ledge and bass would be just hanging out there. Pretty exciting as they'd come almost out of the water to chase my lure over the hump. Haven't gone after the bass in a few years. It's a good March spot as the water is warm from the WWD and because it's shallow and the sun warms it up early in the season.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Thanks Ron! I might have to go back sometime and give it another shot! I am sure the bass are bigger now! 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.