Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I have to go chatter bait with the current and stained water...(j/k)

Dam :shock:

Is the lake empty?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I knew someone must have gotten it one video. Thanks for putting it up.

And yeah that boater is crazy. It almost looks like he is trying to outrun the flow pulling the water toward the broken roadway. :shock:

·
Registered
69 Posts
That sucks. Heartbreaking video.

Oh yeah, and that boater is freaking nuts!!!!

I really feel sorry for them homeowners. Being a homeowner myself, I couldn't watch as my life got flushed down the toilet like that.

Sad sh*t....

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm up in the dells this week. Took a ride over to see the former lake delton. I left these pictures large, because small pictures just don't do it justice. This is what used to be lake Delton. everything green in this picture, plus the sand in the foreground

This is where the dam gave way. The water blew a 150 yd or so wide by 1/4 mile long so canyon & took HWY A with it into the WI river. In the background here you can see the WI river & the boats that stop to look. This picture is taken from the point where HWY A drops into the canyon.

Of course, there's lots of this. <sniff, sniff> poor fishing boats :( they're sad and lonely.

On a more sad note, this is where the houses were wiped out. It was actually pretty soboring looking at the rubble. There were items here & there that humanized it. A coffee mug, a soup ladle. My daughter found a golden ring & wanted to take it to the police. It was just plastic - we thought she'd feel better when we told her it was fake. However, that was when she realized that KIDS also lost their toys - so it just made her sadder.

There's a pretty good flow of water in the crick that is left, so if they do re-dam it I'm sure it will refill. But seeing how big the hole is that they'd have to redam makes you realize it won't be an easy thing.

I haven't gotten to drop a pole in the water yet - been busy with the family. I hope to hit the water soon though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.