Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've never been ice fishing in the 23 years that I've been alive, heard its alot of fun. Any tips for lakes that would produce for me just so I get a feel for it. Looking for Pike or Walleye and the occasional panfish??? Thanks in advance, Mark.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Icefishing for virgins :?:

Count me in :!: :!:

In response to the actual question I would have to say that the Chain O' Lakes might offer the best bet on walleye. I have seen people on Lake Zurich at times and I know they have walleye in there too, not sure about access though. Might be private. I have never ice fished though so take all this with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
421 Posts
When we get safe ice get in touch with me I'll take you out on Lake Marie on the chain we'll have a chance for all species. I have a shanty with heat and all the gear thats needed just let me know

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Same here. I fish Pistakee Bay and the Channel alot . Actually thats where all my ice fishing is done. When we get safe ice let me know and we can head out there as well. I have 2 single man shanties and a 4 man.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Seriously if you want to learn to ice fish the best way to do so is move to MN. Other than that there is ABSOLUTELY no better way to learn to ice fish in this shitty state of illinois other than to attend the ice-benefit event this year that Brent and Rollcast have been doing for years now.

There will be tons of "old pro's" out there for you to pick their brains on techniques to catch fish and even how to stay warm :)

Plus you have chances to win the raffles and get cool stuff.

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
jnapodano said:
Seriously if you want to learn to ice fish the best way to do so is move to MN. Other than that there is ABSOLUTELY no better way to learn to ice fish in this shitty state of illinois other than to attend the ice-benefit event this year that Brent and Rollcast have been doing for years now.

There will be tons of "old pro's" out there for you to pick their brains on techniques to catch fish and even how to stay warm :)

Plus you have chances to win the raffles and get cool stuff.
So you are saying that essentially Brent and Rollcast will "pop his cherry"? :shock:

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Big Al said:
So you are saying that essentially Brent and Rollcast will "pop his cherry"? :shock:

That's a scarry thought :!: :shock: :shock: :shock:
You talking about Ice fishing or you guys going down the JasonN and Augy route here? :lol: I am not the photoshop pro that they are so I can't provide you the wonderfully enlightening pictures they have in the past but here is a sample of their work

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
I look like a South Park character! :shock:

I'm really hoping we get some good ice this season. I'm looking forward to getting out to some new waters/ice and spending some Saturday afternoons pulling fish through the ice.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Check out BassPro in Bolingbrook next weekend.

They are having an "indoor" ice class with actual fishing.
This winter at the local outdoor shows, there are always seminars on ice fishing.

Start with Arlington (first week of January), then O'Hare (Mid January) and Tinley..

There is also a guy in Wisco that puts on a weekend teaching/on the ice class.

Mr Bluegill (Troy) guides but started a class to teach in person on the ice.

I'll look for his info..
:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.