Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys lookin for some input here. Started looking around for some stocking waders in 3 or 3.5 mm neo, but doesn't seem like bps or cabelas has a great selection. Any info on which brands to stay away from and which would be decent for under $100. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If I remember correctly, Jason picked up a pair from Dick's last fall for under a $100. Not sure what mil thickness they were though.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I hope you will only be using those in the winter. You'll sweat to death in the summer.

Cabela's, don't bother with anything else.

Try these: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... &noImage=0

They don't come with gators, so you'll have to get those.

For boots, get these: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... 699830522a

I've tried darn near everything over the years, and until I can afford SIMMS, I'll only get Cabela's. I'd go more on the waders and get a better product. But you can't go wrong with those boots.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I think you'll get more use and stay comfortable in more situations with the breathables like Ken suggested.

I tried the LL Beans "emergers"($100) last year and they leaked after 4 months.

Cabela's has a fantastic warranty and return dept if you run into any problems.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Yea man you will not be comfortable in the summer in neos...I would go breathables, and get them baggy (I get everything baggy, but that just the hiphop in me, most time I look like a idoit!) that way when it gets cold you just add up on layers underneath...I got some wierd brand crystle river I believe?

I think I have read that dicks has a sale right now on hodgemans.

Jaypee

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
jaypee the hhf said:
Yea man you will not be comfortable in the summer in neos...I would go breathables, and get them baggy (I get everything baggy, but that just the hiphop in me, most time I look like a idoit!) that way when it gets cold you just add up on layers underneath...I got some wierd brand crystle river I believe?

I think I have read that dicks has a sale right now on hodgemans.

Jaypee
Exactly.

Remember it's fishing...not a fashion show 8) Besides...with wading you're half underwater anyway=)

If you go breathable and plan to use them in the winter..remember to leave enough room for a couple pairs of thick wool socks WITHOUT being constricting...if it's too tight you'll cut off circulation and feel the cold quickly.

I use a baselayer of underarmor cold gear when necessary and a 300 weight fleece pant and have yet to be too cold to fish...everybody's a little different though so you might have to experiment a little to find what works best for your body type.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.