Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
Last year I gave the 4lb. Fireline a test run against 6 lb. Fireline walleye fishing the Fox over several trips. My original thought would be that they would produce about the same but the 4lb test had more hits at around a 3 to 1 ratio. Over three trips I only had one breakoff, which was my fault for not retying after a few fish. I think the 6 lb. is great in most situations, but last year the 4 lb was were it was at for me for the walleye and also finesse fishing bass. I have not tried the Crystal yet, but prefer the smoke color for Fireline. Good luck and I hope this helped a little bit.

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
Stevol82 said:
FishinMatt said:
Last year I gave the 4lb. Fireline a test run against 6 lb. Fireline walleye fishing the Fox over several trips. My original thought would be that they would produce about the same but the 4lb test had more hits at around a 3 to 1 ratio. Over three trips I only had one breakoff, which was my fault for not retying after a few fish. I think the 6 lb. is great in most situations, but last year the 4 lb was were it was at for me for the walleye and also finesse fishing bass. I have not tried the Crystal yet, but prefer the smoke color for Fireline. Good luck and I hope this helped a little bit.
helped a lot, thanks for the info... btw on the 4lb. do you usually retie after every fish?
Its the smart thing to do, but honestly I don't. I will check the line for any fraying, and if I see some, then I will retie. With that type of line in a river situation, it probably would be wiser to retie more often.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.