Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be going up to the Chip flowage this weekend. I want to try and get some eyes. I however, am a walleye newb and have been trying to get some info from a few big walleye guys I know. There are some good walleye guys on here too. So if anyone can help out with a pattern to try or a spot on the Chip. Any help would be appreciated.

I will mostly be going for Esox and smallies. But I want to target some wally's around the Banana islands and the CC bridge. I plan on split shotting a floating jig with either leech or minnow. Any thing else I should try?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my research of the Chppewa Flowage. I came across this post about Pike in the chain. I have heard this before from other Wisconsin lakes.

Mark - You can catch Pike on the Big Chip, but it is not known for it. Actually a 32" is pretty big for the chip. The story goes that Pike were accidentally stocked in the chip by the truck driver grabbing a truck of pike instead of muskey. I got a guide for years on the chip and every Pike in the boat was quickly turned into eagle bait. The DNR encourages keeping these fish, so if you go make sure you take your share. The chip is a great lake and I've been going there for years, but could think of a lot better lake for Pike.
Now a better idea is to go to the Chip for Muskey and enjoy the few bonus Pike your sure to catch. Just don't tell anyone thats what you intended to catch. I'll be up there next week for the week and will report next week.

Anyone eat pike before??????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.