Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The way it started out, I thought the river would be at an almost normal level by now. But it's drop slowed considerably.

Right now it's 2350 cubic feet per second.

Good for wading the edges, but strong enough to knock you down if you venture in too deep.

Maybe Monday it will get better, but it's hard to tell. Seems by the graph on the gauge that they are playing around with the water levels on the chain.

Otherwise their shouldn't be fast drops and then slow ones. It should just go down.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I was able to wade a bit this morning. Still a little on the high side..if it was to come down maybe 6 inches it would be perfect for the stretch I was fishing.

I would think unless we get a significant rain the lockmaster will be making an adjustment early next week. Just a guess though. We usually get notified at work, so I'll post here if I hear anything.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At 9 AM Sunday, it's flowing at 2150 cfs.

Wasn't going to bother with the river till it got below 1200.

Will probably go see how far up the creeks the smallies have gone.

Just a matter of which creek.

Too many choices. :D :D

If I had the time, I'd go find where they start and work my way down just to see what's there.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
They've cut the flow back three days in a row now at stratton lock and dam. Unless we get a significant rain, the river level should drop quite a bit this weekend and finally get down to normal levels :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
KenG you are the man, thanks for the info.

Wife caught her 1st smallie out of the Fox last Monday. I caught my 1st walleye out of the Fox last Thurs on a small crank bait just past the last island in Batavia.

Again, thanks to all for the info and inspiration. Beats bobber fishing for largemouth by a mile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.