Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When can I exspect water levels to go down enough were fishing gets good. Wanted to head out this upcoming weekend. Wanted to fish rapalas around sun down and change up to some gills for some flatheads. Hopefully levels go down a bit by the weekend. Also when look for the flatheads should I fish like I would for channel cats(structure etc.)? Lookin for any tips. Going to be fishing the north part of the river near fox river road. Is there any boat ramps near that are open all night? Thanks for the help gang.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I would expect the river to stay pretty high for a while even if we don't get any more rain. There are "isolated thunderstorms" in the forecast half of the next ten days, so its hard to say how high it will get. According to USGS gauges, the river has crested in Wisconsin, but the lake levels are still rising gradually while the lower river here in Illinois is still gradually rising.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.