Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I fished both days at Waukegan harbor and I got skunked. I think it all has to do with the weather, there was no bite and I only saw one guy take a king on a jointed rapala. Although I got skunked last week me and my dad did manage to get a coho and a ten pound king, first ever. My dad got the king and he let me fight it in, man that was awesome, about a ten minute fight. Again there was a non existent bite and I'm kind of bummed out. Oh well I'll try again next week. Good Luck out there! :D :(

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I'm sure that this crazy hot weather has a lot to do with it. Thanks for the report. It sounds to me that you didn't get skunked last week at least. That's the way it is with salmon fishing from shore. Some days you win, many others you get skunked. Persistence usually pays off though. :wink:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I was there at the end of the long rocks Friday night. The guy next to me was doing great with stickbaits by retrieving sloooow. Like count to 10 for each revolution. He landed 3 in the time I was there and had two that came off the lure. I tried, but its hard to reel it in that way, I kept catching myself go too fast. Im sure If I can catch a fish that way it wont be so hard to reel slower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.