Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went up to Waukegan this morning and fished the south rocks. I didn't get there until about 8:45 and fished until 10:30. When I got there I saw guys leaving with one or two fish each. There were a lot of fish jumping and I saw a lot of fish swimming too. I started out casting a 3/4 oz Rattle Trap, looking for some Kings. They weren't interested in that, so I switched to a 3/4 oz Cleo and had one strike that almost pulled my rod out of my hand. I was using Power Pro, so there was no stretch to absorb the shock. I tried to set the hook, but missed that one. After awhile, I put on a smaller Krocodile and managed to catch a nice Coho about 24" long. Sorry no pictures because in all of the excitement I forgot to take one. The guy next to me was nice enough to net it for me, so I gave him the fish. I didn't see any other fish caught while I was there from shore, just some on the Charter boats that were fishing the area.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I have to give this a try someday ........nice catch :lol:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice, Doc.

Glad to see someone else is having some luck with the Salmon. I've been down at Dusable/Monroe harbor twice this week around 6pm for 1-2hrs and have not had a hit this week. Other guys have caught a few here and there, but personally I have been doing pretty badly.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have definitely been hit and miss. I was just lucky today.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm almost embaressed to say it, but my back was stiff for a couple of days after that big king made a good run :mrgreen: . A crappy tension building week at work didn't help either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts