Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught 5 salmon today. Started at 730am fished from 35 to 50 ft. Caught all them in 35 ft of water streight out from waukegan harbor. Near and in between the two green boeys. We went 5 for 8 fot the day. We where using flat lines caught 1 had 2 on flat line. THe rest where on down riggers in 20 ft down. Using silver or gold mini rapalas and shed reps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That isnt a brown. The white meat is a turning king or its a king lacking the gene that causes meat to turn pink. Based on water temps, that king turned inside first. Great catch though!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I wasnt to sure on it being a brown. It looked like a king but like I said the fillet was not red color. Well that makes sence more to me. I learned something new. You get out on the big lake often? I try to get out there as much as possible as long as them waves arent to big. For mainly salmon and perch. Havent done anything good this year with the perch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.