Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya baby first King of the year and a nice one too :D . Fished from 8pm-2am and went 1 for 2. First bite was on a glow green wobler which lasted only a few seconds before the hooked pop off :twisted: . Casted for a couple mores with no results. Around midnight switch to a Ping-T glow and on the third cast WAM nailed a 16.2# hen which put one hell of a fight. Man was the reel SCREAMING.:shock:

·
Registered
501 Posts
NICE KING beauty of a fish cant wait to hook up wit some kings........... is the shore line packed wit people? i wish i didnt have football came these to weeks or i would be there for sure lol but nice job man good looking fish

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Thats one great looking king :D :D Any info on conditions when you caught it will be appreciated ( Wind direction especially) I think this cool front must have got them started. Did anyone else catch any when you were there? Guess where im going this week

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Killerpigeon said:
That good news I have been wanting to catch one of those babies it's something I have not yet done.

What rod and reel do you need to catch salomon from shore?
I set up for night fishing is 8'6" Med with 15# power pro. Daylight time I switch lines from braid to flour 10-12# p-Line.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
svslider said:
Thats one great looking king :D :D Any info on conditions when you caught it will be appreciated ( Wind direction especially) I think this cool front must have got them started. Did anyone else catch any when you were there? Guess where im going this week
The moon was full and the WEST WINDS was hounding. Pay attention to the wind direction very important. These fish are staging to spawn and are moving in and out depedning on the wind direction which controls the water temp that the Kings perfer 47-54 degrees. We have been getting W winds now for a couple days and wouldnt doubt more are close to shore. I will be out there again tomorrow night especailly if the winds are still coming from the West.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.