Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yami and I just got back from our annual family vacation in central WI. The topwater bite was a little disapointing compared to previous years. I think we caught 7 fish on buzzbaits, which made getting up at 4:15A a little pointless. We noticed many of the bass spitting up crayfish, and anything patterned likewise performed very well. Highlights of the trip were a 26'' eye, a 20'' smallie which was caught 3 different times, some better then normal pike fishing, and some bonus crappie. The largemouth mostly ran their typical size of 13-15''s with a few pushing 18''. Its been a few years since we caught a legit 4lber up there. It is always a tough balancing act trying to fish and still do the family stuff and this year was a challenge. With one little guy on the way myself, there will definitly be adjustments in future years to the amount of time we are able to spend ont the water.

Here are some of the largies

In honor of JP the HHF

The big eye

No pics of the 20'' smallie (Yami has them), but some of the others

Several pike this year with most in the low 20's, but several bigger ones as well

Some of my other favorite pics

Only about 350 odd days until we can do it all over again :wink:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Looks like a great trip guys! Those are some nice fish. :D

FishinMatt said:
With one little guy on the way myself
Is this breaking news :?: :?: :?: If so, congratulations :!: :!: Do you know the due date?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Great pics Yami and Matt nothing like spending time with the family and getting in some quality fishing too. Pike sure seemed more active for you than in years past. Nice to have you guys back :D

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ClancyWiggum said:
Looks like a great trip guys! Those are some nice fish. :D

FishinMatt said:
With one little guy on the way myself
Is this breaking news :?: :?: :?: If so, congratulations :!: :!: Do you know the due date?
Thanks guys. It is somewhat breakig news. I think the only 2 aware were Yami and Coyote, who I have a little more regular contact with. The due date is mid February.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Well congratulations to you and your wife. I hope everything goes smoothly for the both of you. Although it does lessen the amount of fishing time once the child arrives it's worth it. I wouldn't trade a single minute I spend with my son for anything in this world. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
junglejim said:
Congrats to you and your wife on the future fishing partner. Just curious, what lake did you catch the walleyes in ?
For anyone who has been up there, and I rarely meet anyone who has, the walleye were both caught off the sunken island in Round Lake :wink:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Matthew, a few things:

1) Please no more pictures of you with no shirt on. I think that I burned my retinas out from the blinding white light. I also get a little excited. :shock:

B) No more fish reports from you, unless it's a skunk. Do you ever get skunked :?: If so, I need to know about it, so i can feel better about myself.

Do you ever NOT catch fish :?: Friggin Jerk :!: :D

P.S. Congrats on the new addition, your boys can swim.

Love,
Big Al

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
looks like u guys had a great time with some nice fish :D

Congrats to u and ur wife on the upcoming new addition to the family :D

Best of luck dude !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.