Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanna see a show of hands on who will be there. It is usually been a tradition to have wcf members meet at the south end of the lake so we can take over the whole shore line. I know it's the deep tourney but let's see who is going Saturday or Sunday. if u guys wanna all meet up I would be there way before the gates open as people line up and wait for this one. I myself am not sure if I'm going yet but will know more towards the end of the week

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Wow! To think that the Axehead was the beginning of our group outings 2 years ago. Everyone went nuts getting ready for it. And now we hardly notice it's coming up. Guess we're spoiled by the Deep Lake outings (which I like better anyways).

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can make it both days. does anyone know how many trout they stock there? I've read the past posts about people keeping well over their limit and I wanna make sure the axe isn't tapped out by sunday.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah I knew I should'nt of made a thread my bad.

Me and my bro and his wife are going to be there around 4:30 5:00 and was wondering if anyone wanted to join us in locking down a spot. I went there yesterday and saw around 15 to 20 bass in schools. I threw a bobber with some sausage and it sunk in seconds.

The trout there are small, mine was about 11 inches or so. I could'nt take a pic because I never brought camera just sausage and a spinner so if I got caught they would'nt take my poles away?... lol

Me and him will be wearing blue shirts, so if you see Two people together wearing blue shirts that's us. We will be bringing lot's of chairs to help the lockdown so people would think it is already taken. last year the south end was good, but I caught this trout right by the entrance by the expressway where you can sneak in.

Oh yeah bro got stopped by some guy that was hired I guess to tell people you can't fish are the dnr will take your poles away.

-C

·
Registered
136 Posts
I might make it on Sunday...but im scared of the crowd..I wanna take my little sister..U dont need a stamp for a 10 year old right..?? Want to try to get around 4:30-4:45.. I was wondering if they run out of parking..where can u park..??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lil-Dude {o-0} said:
I might make it on Sunday...but im scared of the crowd..I wanna take my little sister..U dont need a stamp for a 10 year old right..?? Want to try to get around 4:30-4:45.. I was wondering if they run out of parking..where can u park..??
There are two entrances one on the south and the main entrance, no she does not need a trout stamp. You however will but, you probaly already have one. I think its 16 and up?

Fishing liecences are $12.50 at wal-mart and trout inline stamps are $6.50.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.