Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what a blast! looked like everyone caught some fish and had a good time. surprisingly there were a ton of fish caught today and the competition was delicious!

the lead changed several times throughout the day but with 3 minutes left before the final buzzer, tony (cubsfan) landed a 1.11 lb qualiifer to over take me for the win. 3 minutes dude! nice job tony! fishkid took big fish honors! big fish competition was really tight too. your 2.5 lber held up kid!! aris has your money. tony had a 2.4 oz and i had a 2.1. doc probably had a big one in there as well. as you can see, the competition was really tight right up til the end.

every time you hear a splash your like, "oh shit"! :mrgreen: LOL! we all felt it, admit it!

i'm not sure what the exact weights were. aris should post it soon. but i know i had the lead early, then toothdoc took the lead for awhile, then i believe fishkid took the lead with his big bass. then i believe tony took the lead, then i took the lead with a third fish right up until 12:57!!

I had a 3lb fish on with about half an hour left to go that would of sealed the win and big fish honors, but alas, it popped off! i know toothdoc lost a big one at the shore early and so did tony, so all is fair. but man, it hurt bad when i lost that fish. i was shaking!! that adrenaline is some powerful stuff man! :lol:

i think this was by far the most competitive round yet. it was neck and neck all the way to the last minutes. AWESOME!!! that was so much fun guys. thanks for coming out!!

thanks mr. 2007 Angler of the Year for being the official for this round!

there were 14 competitors and lots of new faces. also lots of friends and family that stopped by which made it look like a circus at the wwd! it was a sight to behold!!. it was shoulder to shoulder but we all managed. somehow!

sorry i wasn't able to meet all the new faces in person, i was "in the zone" so to speak. :mrgreen: glad you guys made it out and hope to see everyone back at round 2 in Feb.

deep lake tournaments are fun, but i have more fun at the wwd because i get to interact with everyone and see all the action.

anyway, i'll stop babbling. until next time gentleman!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Had A good time catching Bluegills next time I will be prepared better thought Lee's was open earler. I saw Doc lose that Fish guys It was atleast 3 1/2 easy. Anyways heres some pic's I took Look's Like I missed alot leaving early.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
augy, aris already gave me my money... right when i left. as said, an amazing and tough race till the end. a truly great time... im sure aris will post pics... he took a lot of them. great time guys and thanks for making my first tourny a success and a great time! oh and i felt that oh shit! every time i heard a fish after i caught mine =]

·
Registered
421 Posts
Great Time with everyone again its only 3:15 and I'm already looking forward to the next tournament. I got a lot of Little Bass today 8" to about 11" about a dozen. I saw more Bass caught today than anytime I've been to the WWD. I still had a blast Congrats to all the winners I'm looking forward to next month. Pat

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
God dammit I got the skunk. I had one on but lost it and shit my legs are killing me from standing up on those railings. But still pi$$ed I got the skunk. That's ok Ill go to kenosha harbor tonight and be happy then with some big ass brown trout hehe. Man Augy how's your legs?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Had a great time out there today. I lost a nice fish right at the shore when he went under the bank. :cry: Like Bassman said, it was over 3 lbs for sure. One of these days I'm not going to lose a single fish and maybe I'll win one of these.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Good day... lots of bass were caught. Cangratz to Tony on the steal

Augy was in the lead and Tony stole it in the last 4 min. bummer Augy

Boxed my top 2 picks and hit the perfecta.... :lol:

1--Augy , 2:1, The WWD master had trouble in the final event of 2007 look for the comeback
2--#1CubsFan, 5/2 , Solid in the all the events in 2007. I don't see any slowing down in 2008

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Sounds like it was a great outing guys. Sorry I missed it!

Those are some big fish for the WWD. How were the water levels?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
lol sorry for the late post guys but I was wore out lol
Thx everyone for coming out sure was a great time in the mud :D
Great job Tony on the late win ,congrats Augy on 2nd and Creighton for big fish ! Nice job getting that guy in on 4lbtest ! :D
Good meeting everyone out there today and congrats to Big (low budget) Al for finally postin some fish on the tourny trail nice work Al! 8)

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Where have i been.... :?:

Nice job guys,,

I like This fishkid14 Guy, keep up the enthusiasm I Know You'll pull in over 502 I know you can do 550. I use to keep track the exact same ways, you remind me a lot of myself a few years ago. Great Stuff!

Looks Like there Really Are other Fishing nuts out there.

:D

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Although I kept getting fish that were about 12 7/8", I had a balst fishing with all of you guys. Funny, I don't think the minnows were working for me, but they sure liked the crawlers. It the exact opposite the last time I was out there.

My only complaint was the mud. I wish it was snow instead.

See y'all at the next tourney. Congrats to all that placed!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Although I ony had 2 qualifiers, I caught at least 10 fish at this tourney. Had a good time, nice to see everyone. All the old faces and the new ones but still the same old B.S. :D

Laughed my ass off at Toothdoc's expletive filled tirade, after he lost the "Big One", sorry Doc. :( Aris did one hell of a job as tourney official (I'll bet you would have had a better chance if you weren't running all over the place to weigh everyone's fish). There has to be a better way to officiate at the WWD tourneys.

P.S. told my wife that I had to work so I could make it for the tourney. Kind of hard to refute when she watches you unload fishing stuff from the car. By the way, does anyone have a spare room or couch to crash on :?:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Maybe we could have 2 officials(weight and photo ) one on each side of the discharge. I would be willing to do it as one for the next tournament. We can just all take turns at each event. That seems to be fair.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Congrats to the winners and qualifiers :D.

It was a fun but frustrating day for me. The closest I got to qualifying was an 11" and a 12 3/4" :roll:. Hey Mike the top if your odds were right on! Keep up the good work!

Fish81156 said:
Maybe we could have 2 officials(weight and photo ) one on each side of the discharge.
That sounds like a great idea to me!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.